GARDINER, Mont., May 27, 2014 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Cool Works (http://www.CoolWorks.com), the premier online board for seasonal jobs in great places, today released a list of recommendations for job seekers hoping to score last-minute summer employment. While most adventure destination employers are currently staffed, Cool Works states there a good number still filling last minute vacancies or increasing staff to meet business demands.
“Cool Works has experienced a 30 percent increase in summer job listings this year and we currently have 152 posts for employers pushing to fill positions in the next few weeks,” said Patty Ceglio, Director of Operations for Cool Works. “While urban summer jobs may be in decline, there are more opportunities in 2014 than in recent years for last minute job seekers to land a position in a great place.”
Cool Works offers these five tips to jobs seekers:
* Check Your Bucket List – For job seekers who don’t know where to start, identify locations of interest or activities you’ve always wanted to try. Interested in hiking the summer away in a national park or spending time at the coast? Use these interests to help narrow down focus to a few locations and start looking for parks, campgrounds, resort and ranches in those areas.
* Think Adventurously – Don’t be afraid to explore outside your comfort zone. Sure, a seasonal job may be across the country but it offers perks that many summer jobs won’t such as on-site housing and meals. Many employers even throw this in as part of the package.
* Be Flexible – Consider a variety of positions and locations. Those who approach the job hunt with an open mind and a willingness to do anything are likely to score a job in a great place.
* Exude Professionalism – Just because this is a summer job doesn’t mean you can take the application process casually. Slang and short form won’t go far with seasonal employers. Fill out applications using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation and be willing to download and fill out PDFs if necessary to submit an application. Additionally, provide reputable references on each application – workers with limited experience can turn to a teacher, former employer or coach who can speak to work ethic and aptitudes – avoid using friends or peers.
* Leverage Your Connections – Your social networks, both on and offline can be a great resource for finding the perfect summer job. Check your social media sites for friends and relatives who may be working at an adventure destination and find out if their employer is still hiring. Consider touching base with the camp or guest ranch where you spent your childhood years and find out if they are looking for summer counselors or to fill other positions.
To check out the jobs in great places available through Cool Works, visit http://www.CoolWorks.com/ .
Employers interested in listing positions through CoolWorks.com may submit an online request at http://www.coolworks.com/about/contact-us.html or call 406-848-2380.
About Cool Works:
CoolWorks.com has been central to the summer job and seasonal job market niche since 1995. True to the company’s mantra, the Cool Works(R) “home office” is located on the Yellowstone River just outside the north entrance to Yellowstone National Park in Gardiner, Mont. The CoolWorks.com site serves a dedicated core of job seekers who use Cool Works to actively seek job opportunities in great places such as national parks, various resorts, ranches, camps, ski resorts, and jobs on the water.
* PHOTO: Send2Press.com/mediaboom/14-0527-mountain-sky_300dpi.jpg .
* Photo Credit: Mountain Sky Guest Ranch – Emigrant, Montana.
To view the original version on Send2Press Newswire, visit: https://www.send2press.com/newswire/Cool-Works-provides-recommendations-for-scoring-a-last-minute-summer-job_2014-05-0527-001.shtml.
NEWS SOURCE Cool Works :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source (who is solely responsible for its accuracy) by and Copr. © 2014 Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®.