FLAT ROCK, N.C., April 23, 2014 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Four Seasons Compassion for Life celebrates its “35th Birthday Bash” Saturday, May 10, 2014, with a true birthday party from 6-10 p.m., says Callie Walston, philanthropy coordinator.
Since its 1979 inception, Four Seasons’ patient-centered care remains locally beloved and nationally and internationally respected for its leadership and commitment to quality in the field of palliative and hospice care during life-altering serious illness or at end of life.
“This hallmark 35th anniversary is certainly worthy of a true celebration,” says Walston. “Our guests will be intrigued and surprised when they arrive at the event.”
The event is co-presented by First Citizens Bank and Van Winkle Law Firm. Shuttle services will be provided by Ebenezer Baptist Church from Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, prior, during, and after the event.
The festivities will include an array of fantastic foods and delicious craft beverages from Urban Orchard Cider Co. and Oscar Blues Brewery; swinging pinata raffle baskets full of exceptional gift cards and prizes, including restaurant, lodging, fine art and crafts; and games with guaranteed get-to-know-you fun.
Informal tours of Elizabeth House, gardens and grounds will also provide opportunities for sharing memories and locating bricks dedicated to loved ones. Learn more at http://www.35thBirthdayBash.com/ (redirects to Constant Contact event page).
The programs and partnerships developed to enhance and extend Four Season’s mission in service to the community will be showcased during the event.
These programs and partnerships, shared through information stations, include, but are not limited to:
* Heart Songs – exclusively serving children and teens coping with loss through Bear Buddies and meaningful, experience-based therapies;
* Music therapy – how the power of song helps patients manage acute and chronic pain, stress and depression which may accompany their illness;
* Volunteerism – learn how you can share your time and talents through companionship for persons facing a serious, life limiting illness, community outreach, or office support;
* Bereavement services – grief support and outreach to those who are grieving a loss;
* Elizabeth House – the home-like environment where patients’ challenging issues and symptoms are treated by a team of care providers;
* Zambia Mission – an international outreach to train medical professionals in palliative and hospice care in this African nation with high incidences of serious illness and low life expectancy.
The electrifying vocalist Kat Williams will provide the musical highlight for the occasion.
Williams, who moved to North Carolina in 1997, is an Emmy(R)-nominated singer known for her jazz, blues and Motown soul. Known nationally and internationally for her authentic, from the heart performances and passion for song, Williams is a phenomenal performer with a spirited sense of humor.
“Kat is an unforgettable performer whose phenomenal gift will make our 35th Birthday Bash an occasion to remember,” says Walston.
The “35th Birthday Bash” celebrates a hallmark anniversary of Four Seasons Compassion for Life, a 501(c)3 non-profit hospice and palliative care agency in Henderson County serving western North Carolina. Learn more the organization at: https://www.fourseasonscfl.org/ .
The event is Saturday, May 10, from 6-10 p.m., at Gatreaux Place, located at 571 S. Allen Road, Flat Rock. Tickets are $100. Find event information, directions, and parking specifics at http://www.35thBirthdayBash.com/ .
NEWS SOURCE: Four Seasons Compassion for Life :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source (who is solely responsible for its accuracy) by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®.